Frequently Asked Questions
Does my cleaning include window cleaning?
While window cleaning is not typically included in our standard cleaning packages, we are more than happy to provide this service upon request. Please keep in mind that the cost of window cleaning varies based on the number and size of windows in your home. To provide an accurate quote for window cleaning, we will need to see pictures of your windows and determine how many windows need to be cleaned. If you are interested in adding window cleaning to your service, please let us know and we will be happy to discuss the details and provide you with a customized quote tailored to your specific needs.
Do I need to supply my vacuum or cleaning supplies?
No. You are not required to provide any supplies, cleaning products, or a vacuum. The cleaners have all professional-grade products and supplies needed to complete the jobs required.
To cancel or reschedule an upcoming appointment, we require 2 full business days’ notice. If you give us 2 or more full business days’ notice, there’s no cancellation fee. However, if you give us less than 2 full business days’ notice, there will be a $50 cancellation fee. If you cancel within 24 hours of your appointment, or we can’t access your home, you’ll be charged the full cost of the appointment.
How can I prepare for my cleaning appointment?
One of the best things you can do is make sure there is as little clutter as possible. The cleaners will need to have access to surfaces to clean and if they are covered up by too much clutter they may be inaccessible. Make sure the floors are clear of items and debris. Communicate with your cleaner when they arrive (if you are home) a plan to make sure the cleaner has space to clean. Children, pets, and other adults in the way can hinder a job from being done in the best way possible. It can also be hazardous. Vacuum cords, cleaning products, and supplies will be in the area with the cleaner and to mitigate accidents from happening it is best to give them space. If you have any questions about how to prepare better, feel free to reach out and ask any questions at all!
My cleaner has arrived and is saying that the job may cost more. Why?
We understand that it may be difficult to accurately assess the condition of your home over the phone, which is why we provide estimates based on the information you provide us. In some cases, there may be additional work required that was not initially disclosed, such as excessive mold or additional buildup.
In these instances, we will always contact you to discuss the scope of work and any additional charges that may apply. Our goal is to ensure that you receive the best possible service, and we appreciate your understanding and flexibility in these situations.
Will my old fixtures/appliances/etc look new after cleaning?
While our cleaners strive to remove all buildup on surfaces, please note that some buildup may be difficult or impossible to remove without causing damage. We will make every effort to remove as much buildup as possible while avoiding damage to your surfaces.
Please understand that some areas may not be able to be restored to a “like new” condition. Rest assured that our cleaners will focus on other areas of your home that require attention while managing their time effectively.
Are You Pet Friendly?
We love animals, but they don’t always love us. If you think your pet may become overly anxious while we are there, please make temporary arrangements while we are in your home. You can leave detailed pet instructions during the online scheduling process.
Do I Have To Sign A Contract?
You are never required to sign a contract. We do however have service terms and conditions as well as a cancellation policy.
At Daisy Maid, we take the safety and security of our cleaners and clients seriously. That’s why we process all payments through secure credit/debit card transactions. This allows for a seamless and efficient payment process while also eliminating the need for our cleaners to carry excess cash, reducing any safety concerns. Please note that we require a valid credit/debit card on file at the time of booking to secure your reservation and ensure a hassle-free checkout process.
What Happens If I Am Not Happy With The Service I Received?
Mistakes happen and cleaning can be subjective, but have a guarantee of nothing less than a flawless resolution to our mistakes. We offer a 48-hour guarantee for those scenarios where you are not 100% happy with the services. So, How Does The 48-hour Guarantee Work? Let Us Try & Fix It. If you are unsatisfied with your service, please let us know within 48 hours of the service in question. We will send a cleaner back to handle any issues, free of charge. No questions asked.
How Many Cleaners Will Come?
We send 1 or 2 cleaners, depending on availability and your needs.
I have an alarm system. What do I do on days my house is cleaned?
If your home has a security system, please provide us with the code and steps necessary for us to turn off the alarm. We will reset the alarm when we leave. Alternatively, you may want to disable it on the day of your scheduled cleaning.
Is There Anything the Cleaners Don’t Do?
- Weight– We have a 30 lb. weight limit for safety reasons. Moving smaller items like dining table chairs, small ottomans, etc. to clean under is perfectly ok. If you would like any heavier furniture or appliances cleaned under, you’re welcome to move it and the cleaners will be happy to clean under it upon request.
- Heights– There is a limit to a 2-foot or shorter step stool. Safety is of the utmost importance to us. Please keep in mind that in most cases, the tops of standard kitchen cupboards are approximately the maximum limit of height. Some lighting fixtures may also be out of reach.
- Clutter– Cluttered areas will be worked around to the best of the cleaner’s ability. The same goes for areas used for storage, like underneath beds and on top of cabinets.
- Outdoor Areas– The cleaner’s equipment isn’t designed for cleaning outside surfaces such as patios, decks, rough concrete floors, unfinished basements, garages, exterior windows, etc.
- Pet Messes/Body Fluids– This includes but is not limited to litter boxes, pet messes, bird guano, blood, feces, urine, and overflowed toilets. Cleaning body fluids (including that of our furry friends) is something the cleaners do not do as it requires specific cleaning methods and training beyond the scope of what a residential cleaner can provide.
- Mold– Some pink/orange mildew, or even darker mold, is common in some homes. Don’t worry- the cleaners can clean small amounts of mold. Large amounts of mold in shower areas, on walls, etc. can affect air quality and pose a health safety issue. The cleaners aren’t able to clean rooms that are heavily affected by mold, or in homes with heavy mold infestations.
- Bugs– We apologize that we aren’t able to offer post-fumigation cleanings. We ask that any bug infestations or fumigation clean-ups are completed in their entirety before the cleaners can enter a home.
- Fireplaces– The soot/ash inside a fireplace will damage equipment, especially vacuums. However, cleaning off the base in front of a fireplace is no issue at all!
- Laundry– We do not offer any laundry services such as ironing or washing/drying your items.
- Carpet Cleaning– We do not offer carpet cleaning services as it requires specialized equipment.
The Following Is A List Of Other Items We Do Not Clean– The inside of light fixtures, unreachable light fixtures, window screens, or cloth blinds. (Unless Specifically Requested)
The Following Items Are Not Included In Your Clean- Inside of your dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, inside heat registers, and anything that requires being disassembled to clean or clean inside/underneath your hood fan. If there is something you do not see on this list, please feel free to ask!